Should you pick up the bestselling face wash in the store and add it to your skincare regimen? Probably not, because not every cleanser is right for each skin type. The main purpose of a face wash is to remove dirt, grime, sweat, and makeup residue, without dehydrating the skin. The best products are those which are devoid of fragrance and harsh chemicals. Hence, it is good to use a natural face wash.
1. Is there a natural face wash perfect for everyone?
Choosing a natural face wash is important as a cleanser is a very significant part of your everyday beauty routine. Finding the best natural face wash for yourself can be a bit of a challenge. It is because unless the face wash is strong, it will not offer a deep-cleansing effect and there will be a buildup on your skin.
At the same time, if your face wash is strong and harsh, it can end up taking away your skin’s natural oil and dehydrating it in the process. It compromises the acid mantle, increasing your skin’s sensitivity, causing premature aging. Since everyone has a different skin type, there can be no one-size-fits-all products. However, if you can invest in a natural cleanser, then it can work wonders for your skin.
2. Things to look for when choosing a natural face wash
- The first thing that you will need to check for when buying a face wash is the ingredients it contains. Usually, face washes contain alcohol that can be harsh on the skin. However, some have labels with terms like anti-aging for sensitive skin, and yet the ingredients in these are not beneficial for such skin types but make problems worse with prolonged usage.
- It is necessary to research before buying any face wash off the shelf. Some companies count on their consumers doing such a background study before buying something. Our skin is permeable, and there are certain chemicals like ethanol which can increase skin permeability for specific chemicals.
- A lot of buyers prefer synthetic cleansers because they produce a lot of lather. Foaming cleansers usually make you feel satisfied, and the skin feels squeaky clean, but it is the sulfates that make such luxurious foam. Studies show that foaming sulfates are corrosive and may lead to skin discomfort and even trigger serious health problems.
- Before choosing any natural face cleanser, you need to know your skin type. Any organic skincare product must be selected depending on the type of skin.
3. Natural face wash for different skin types
- For those with dry skin, a gel-based cleanser or one which has ingredients like willow bark and witch hazel are not encouraged as these will make skin drier. Instead, you should go for a natural face wash with aloe vera and coconut oil, that can hydrate the skin.
- For people having oily skin, a cream-based cleanser or one with an oily base is not right. It is important to choose one which has ingredients high in salicylic acid or a gel cleanser for deep-cleaning without clogging the pores.
- For those with a combination of oily and dry skin, it is best to try out some products first. It is advisable to choose a mild cleanser that will not disrupt the pH balance of the skin. The best ingredients to look for in a cleanser for combination skin are tamanu oil and neem.